Sunday, 26 July 2026

Kushiel's Avatar

Love. Only love. And if that is not enough, Elua help us all.
(Pagina 52)

It ended with a dream.
[incipit]

There are many things wealth cannot buy, and most of those are enumerated by philosophers who have never woken wondering if this day would be their last. It pleased me to know that the survivors of Daršanga would, at the least, not have to worry about buying bread.

Some choices must be made swiftly, lest the enormity of them overwhelm the chooser.

We speak of stories ending, when in truth it is we who end. The stories go on and on.
Thelesis de Mornay

But I was an anguissette, and I understood pain. It is the price of living, and of loving well, and I did not doubt, then or ever, that I had chosen wisely.


Kushiel's Avatar, Jacqueline Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kushiel's Avatar

Love. Only love. And if that is not enough, Elua help us all. (Pagina 52)

Popular Posts