Saturday, 5 July 2025

Anne Shirley

When I make up my mind to do a thing it stays made up.

Quando mi metto in testa di fare una cosa, rimane messa.

Anne
(Pagina 64)

“It was my idea, Marilla.”
“I’ll warrant you it was,” said Marilla emphatically.

“È stata una mia idea, Marilla.”
“Ci scommetto che lo è stata”, disse Marilla con enfasi.


(Pagina 140)

There’s such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I’m such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn’t be half so interesting.

Ci sono così tante Anne diverse in me. A volte penso che sia per questo che sono una persona così problematica. Se fossi solo Anne, sarebbe molto più comodo, ma non sarebbe nemmeno lontanamente così interessante.

Anne (Pagina 152)

“She said we could ask her any question we liked and I asked ever so many. I’m good at asking questions, Marilla.”
“I believe you” was Marilla’s emphatic comment.

“Ha detto che potevamo farle tutte le domande che volevamo e io gliene ho fatte tantissime. Sono brava a fare domande, Marilla.”
“Ti credo” fu il commento enfatico di Marilla.


(Pagina 161)


Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment

<i>Welcome to Night Vale</i>, episode 65 - Voicemail

You have reached the voicemail of Cecil Gershwin Palmer. That might seem like an easy thing to do, but think about how long you had to stay...

Popular Posts